Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oriana is my name

I've done it again, I'm sorry. I am a shitty, shitty blogger. Well, I guess even on a good day I'm a pretty shitty blogger but I've been extra bad lately.

I just can't help it, I've been so obsessed with my new keytar that it is taking up every spare moment of my free time. I realized something today, it might blow your mind when i share it with you. Ready?

When you practice something, you get better.

I wouldn't exactly call myself a quitter, but when I do not receive instant accolades for something I try I usually get frustrated and move on. Ok, I guess that would kinda make me a quitter. I think it more though kept me from trying a few things. For example I always assumed I sucked at playing music because the few violin lessons I took as a wee one didn't magically transform me into a child prodigy. The list goes on, I try something, don't immediately succeed and onto the next endeavor we go! But this was different, I told myself, "Oriana, you have to shut the fuck up, quite whining and practice" and I did. The first day was terrible, the 2nd day was horrendous, then something funny happened on the 3rd day, meaning, it was only kinda atrocious. I realized things that were totally hard the first day weren't hard anymore. Now obviously there are new obstacles, and I still am no musical prodigy but after 27 long years I finally understood the saying "Practice Makes Perfect"

So here are a few pictures of my new idols, I'm gonna go practice some more.

P.S. I promise I won't let my new found shredding skills interfere with my bad ass blog

My new idol, Kimber!!





How good is Pizzazz's bitchface? I swear I can almost hear her talking smack in the picture below



Ummm, I don't know quite what to say about this one except that I really don't think Jem's/Jerica's BF Rio is playing for her team

No comments: